Sunday, March 28, 2010

Collage iMovie Reflection






Think Creatively
Thinking creatively was a main point in my collage trying to come up with ways to make a unique poster. Some creative elements in my collage are the countries itself, I cut out Sudan, Ethiopia and Kenya all in one and pasted pictures on the countries about the boys experience in Africa and their stepped migration with war, killing, death, shooting and much more difficulties and chaos. I also cut out the shape of America and put pictures of how the Lost Boys assimilated into the American culture in American and how their life was over there and how it differed from their previous life. Their cultural shock.

Reason Critically
The images that I wanted to express more than others, I made it reasonably larger than other pictures so the eyes are focused on that particular picture more than others. The pictures that weren't as reasonably important as others, but still had an impact on the poster I made them much smaller that the more important ones. I also tried to put some of the important pictures on the 3D countries so that they are more noticed.

Communicate Effectively
My collage demonstrates awareness of the Lost Boys plight with some pictures increasing the awareness of Sudan, at the bottom of the poster, it also shows lots of the problems in Sudan and the conflicts the Lost Boys are facing with war, chaos, death and starvation. It shows what the journey of the Lost Boys was like and how hard it was for them to survive just trying to reach safety from all the violence around them not letting them live in peace. This is demonstrated in my Africa on my collage with violence all over where the Lost Boys had to travel. This creates awareness about the problems happening in Sudan and people will start to help.

Live Ethically
My collage definitely demonstrated empathy through all the troubles the Boys faced in Africa from Sudan to Ethiopia to Kenya all the way to America. It was a courageous journey and was very hard to survive around an environment of war, death and starvation. The pictures on my collage show how bad these problems were and people just collapsed as they were walking from exhaustion and starvation. They went for days without eating because they left their land to get to a safer place but with no food. The photos clearly show this and how really was for the lost boys and how hard it was to go through.



No comments:

Post a Comment